10 Signs You Need More ‘Me’ Time

1. Your stash of make-up is older than your firstborn.

2. There are Juicy sweats in your go-to clothing pile.

3. Your home decorating theme centers around primary colored plastic.

4. When you start the car and the Disney Princess CD starts playing, you no longer turn it off…even when you’re driving alone.

5. You have five albums full of family photos, and you’re in none of them.

6. You strongly prefer Flavor Blasted Goldfish over the traditional Cheddar Cheese.

7. Poop was the subject of at least one  of your conversations in the past week.

8. Your DVR contains 90% animated TV shows; the other 10% is your favorite shows…from last season.

9. Your car console contains at least three of the following: juice box straw, un-used; one dirty tissue; a forgotten permission slip for today’s field trip (oops); an empty baggie containing a trace of unidentifiable gelatinous ooze; a pacifier; a cell phone charger from two phones ago; a Happy Meal toy.

10. Your child can always locate his ‘lovie’…in your bed.

About oneburnedoutmama

Ever so slightly burned out mama. Love kids. Not so much on a few of the parents. Hate folding laundry. Love long stretches of silence. Prefer rain over sun and football over HGTV.
This entry was posted in Helpful lists, Mom Maintenance. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 10 Signs You Need More ‘Me’ Time

  1. Pingback: Friday Favorite: 10 Signs You Need More ‘Me’ Time | Boy Mom Blog

  2. you are my Friday Favorite! I reposted on my blog with a link to yours :-)This is a new thing I’m doing and you’re the first 🙂 Hope that’s okay …

  3. W. R. Woolf says:

    This reminds me of when one of my friends had her first child…
    I didn’t see her for months…

  4. awhite10 says:

    Ahh I love this. I just started too. I want to follow you 🙂

  5. Thanks to Boy Mom Blogger for sending me over here! Love this!
    Red.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s